Learn 2018’s Best OBS Studio Settings Tutorial for 720 P/1080 with 60 fps. These settings offers you wonderful high quality in your gaming streams when broadcasting your content material to providers like YouTube Gaming, TwitchTV, Facebook. You can comply with the twitch thread right here on reddit /r/Twitch.
Twitch gives the ability to document the reside movies, or in different phrases, it’s a reside streaming video platform. There are newcomers from all around the world who strive their luck in reside streaming. Twitch is a tremendous supply of broadcasting, however it comes with a number of points too, and on this article, we are going to study how one can overcome Twitch troubles by taking it to one of the best OBS settings.
What Is OBS?
OBS means Open Broadcaster Software that works as a supporter for Twitch as a result of any on-line video platform that’s used to stream movies requires a software program. This software program works as an encoder that encodes the movies within the correct format so you possibly can put them for streaming. OBS is taken into account as the most effective Broadcaster Software As it helps the wide selection of platforms resembling Mac, Windows, or Linux.
OBS brings some nice options that act as an amazing bundle for rookies as effectively. Her you get a number of skills in your video streaming like customized transitions, correction instruments, totally different filters on audio and video, mixing, and far more. This manner, the software program is a good instrument for the streaming wants, however the newbies can get a bit confused on setting it to a number of elements. For The goal simply learn out the content material talked about under and get to know the best way to arrange OBS in your Twitch account.
If you have an interest in video games, You can even try the pubg reshade settings and finest settings for fortnite.
How to Setup OBS
- After putting in OBS, open this system and select Yes to begin the Auto Configuration Wizard. This will allow us to configure the OBS a bit of bit earlier than we begin on extra detailed settings.
- Select “Optimize for streaming”
- On the subsequent window Video Settings, depart all the pieces on default. Their configuration will want additional data.
- Get your stream key from Twitch as instructed in our “OBS Streaming Settings” part.
- After Auto Configuration Wizard, it’s time to select a server. Go to Settings, then Streaming
- You can choose the Twitch server closest to you, however this won’t be the most suitable choice each time. For this, you possibly can obtain a free instrument referred to as Twitch Bandwidth Test Tool.
- After you obtain it, run this system and enter your Stream Key, select your area and choose Long on the Test Duration drop-down menü.
- Start testing.
- After it’s full, select the server with the very best bandwidth with a top quality over 80. RTT latency isn’t a lot of an significance right here.
- Select this server on the OBS from Settings and Stream tab.
This the way you arrange OBS initially.
Best OBS Settings For Twitch
Open up the OBS Studio and head to the bottom-right space. There you see the part Settings that you should click on.
1. Best OBS Video Capture Settings
You know the best way to carry up these settings, so now you should go to the Video part as you see on this screenshot. There you will discover some fields that should be adjusted for one of the best video capturing or recording.
- The first part is the Base (Canvas) Resolution meaning it’s the decision of your display screen. This signifies the display screen in pixels by which you need to document. You can set to any decision you need, small or vital and you may enter it manually too. For manually coming into it’s important to sort width and top as per your selection.
- The second part is the Output (Scaled) Resolution, and this refers the decision of the recorded video. So if you’d like a high-quality video then you possibly can set it to 1920*1080 or for a standard video, hold it 1280*720.
- Now, the third part is called as Downscale Filter the place you possibly can apply the filter for downscaling. For the recorded movies, it’s best to use Lanzos, and for the reside streaming, you possibly can choose different accessible choices.
- Finally, the fourth half is Common FPS Values that’s frames-per-second. Usually, it stays 30 frames per second, however if you’d like a distinct body price, then you can experiment with it till you obtain the specified one.
2. Best OBS Video Output Settings
Having finest output settings means having the final word high quality of video. So, select the fields fastidiously. By default, the sections aren’t set to a complicated mode, and so it seems like this:
- We need the settings to be at a complicated degree so select the Output part that’s third one within the Settings menu.
- Now, within the first possibility that’s Output mode choose it as Advanced as an alternative of Simple from the dropdown listing.
- Once you try this, you see three tabs named as Streaming, Recording, and Audio.
- First head to Recording tab, this part means establishing the trail the place you need your movies to be saved.
- Next, go to the format and set it to MP4
- For the Encoder part, make it to Use stream encoder and simply left all different choices as it’s.
Note: the recording format will be as per your want. MP4 works finest in most conditions so you possibly can set it to that else make it MOV or MKV.
three. Best OBS Studio Streaming Settings for Screen Recording
- Now, you should come to the primary part that’s Streaming.
- Here you’ll see fields like Bitrate and CPU utilization that you should edit.
- So make the Bitrate part to 12000 and the CPU utilization to ultrafast.
- Also, choose the x264 encoder area.
Any different choices that you simply see don’t want any modifying, and you may depart them at default settings.
OBS Recording Settings
To configure OBS recording settings, go to Settings, after which to Output tab and choose “Advanced” on Output Mode. On there, click on on the recording tab. This will carry up a listing of choices.
- First of all, choose a recording path. This is the placement the place your OBS will retailer your captured movies.
- Update the recording format to MP4 since that is one of the best one.
- Select x264 on Encoder.
- Set price management to CBR and set bitrate in line with your PC. If you’ve got low-end PC, you possibly can set the bitrate round 10000-15000. If your PC is stronger, you possibly can up the quantity and see if it impacts efficiency.
OBS Streaming Settings
Before you stream in any broadcast web site, you should enter a stream key to OBS. There are many various stream providers however I’ll cowl the best way to get the stream key from Twitch when you haven’t run Auto Configuration Wizard whenever you first opened OBS Studio.
- Go to twitch.television and login to your account
- Click in your avatar.
- Click on the dashboard.
- Select the channel underneath the settings header from the menü on the far left.
- Choose the stream key button.
- Click on “Show Key”.
- Copy the textual content.
Now you should enter this stream key into OBS.
- Click on Settings in the principle window.
- Select the “Stream tab” from on the left.
- Paste your stream key.
- Select your streaming service.
- Click OK.
What is an efficient bitrate for OBS?
|Quality||Resolution||Video Bitrate||Audio Bitrate||Audio Sample Rate||Frames Per Second||Video Codec||h.264 Profile||Keyframe interval||Audio Codec||Audio Channels|
|Low||480×270||400kbps||64kbps||48kHz||25 / 30||h.264||Baseline||1 Second||AAC-LC||Mono|
|Med||640×360||800 – 1200 kbps||96kbps||48kHz||25 / 30||h.264||Main||1 Second||AAC-LC||Mono or Stereo|
|High||960×540 / 854×480||1200 – 1500 kbps||96kbps||48kHz||25 / 30||h.264||Main||1 Second||AAC-LC||Mono or Stereo|
|HD 720||1280×720||1,500 – four,000 kbps||128kbps||48kHz||25 / 30||h.264||Main||1 Second||AAC-LC||Mono or Stereo|
|HD 1080||1920×1080||four,000-Eight,000 kbps||192kbps||48kHz||25 / 30||h.264||Main or High||1 Second||AAC-LC||Stereo|
|4K||3840×2160||Eight,000-14,000 kbps||192kbps||48kHz||25 / 30||h.264||High||1 Second||AAC-LC||Stereo|
Your advisable encoding settings on OBS will depend upon the standard of your stream. For instance, a 720p broadcast could require a bitrate round 1,500 – four,000 kbps relying in your bandwidth and your PC’s processing energy.
But as your decision and frames per second go up, that quantity will change considerably, on the similar time will demand extra bandwidth.
A 1080p 60 FPS stream could require as much as Eight,000 kbps and a 4K stream can go as much as 14,000 kbps. Best you are able to do is play between these parameters till you discover the candy spot particular to your bandwidth, CPU energy and stream high quality.
Streaming a Game with OBS Studio
If you’re going to broadcast a online game with OBS Studio, you possibly can arrange OBS to begin capturing as quickly as you boot up a sport. To do that, merely click on on the + underneath the Sources tab and choose Game Capture.
On the opened window, choose your sport government file underneath the Window drop-menu, and click on OK.
Advanced Settings for OBS Studio
Finally, you may make some positive changes on the Advanced tab. Choosing Above Normal can provide you a small enhance in efficiency. Also, you possibly can change your YUV colour area to 709 and YUV colour vary to Full underneath Video, since I discovered that these OBS settings look finest.
Stream Delay will be actually helpful in case you are streaming one thing that you don’t want your viewers to see reside, resembling a multiplayer online game to stop stream sniping.
Assigning Hotkeys for OBS Studio
Even although OBS Studio is a good free streaming program, it’s slightly advanced and it may well take a while to grasp it and navigating by way of its menus everytime you need to carry out a sure motion can eat up your time. To stop this, you possibly can assign hotkeys within the Hotkeys part on the Settings tab.
From beginning/stopping streaming/recording to muting desktop audio, you possibly can assign keys to virtually any motion.
Bonus: Check your Twitch stream for bitrate and FPS stability, dropped frames, unhealthy audio or video high quality and different frequent configuration issues at Twitch Analyzer.
All these sections are essential to get totally different and higher modifications in your recordings with OBS Studio. Well, in case you are extra like an experimental particular person, then you possibly can tweak different settings too and make it proper simply as you need it. Else, simply comply with with the article and make your OBS settings accordingly.