Perhaps You have noticed Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry service on your Windows Task Manager?
Are you wondering what it is? In the event you eliminate it?
Within this informative article, you will learn about Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry. Additionally, you will discover how to mend microsoft compatibility telemetry windows 10 high disk usage problem.
WHAT IS MICROSOFT COMPATIBILITY TELEMETRY?
Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry is an automated service in Windows 10. It collects and transmits data from the computer to the Windows development group.
This data assists the development team in enhancing Windows’ functionality by fixing bugs. https://techsolitic.com/ Provides all kind of error’s solution for windows
Though some people today feel that it is a tool Microsoft uses to spy on users, the business has guaranteed that it assembles data for completely development function.
However, if you’re still concerned about your privacy, you can eliminate the’data-collecting’ script out of your device. Just make certain to read this tutorial and follow the following steps together.
What Type OF DATA MICROSOFT COMPATIBILITY TELEMETRY COLLECTS?
Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry gathers and transmits the next kind of data to the Windows development tool.
- It transmits typed text in your computer every 30 minutes.
- This instrument transmits all you state into Cortana (Microsoft Windows Live Assistant). Additionally, it transmits complete transcription of your dialog with Cortana into Microsoft Windows programmer team
- MS script carries a listing of multimedia file from the computer to Microsoft.
- The instrument transmits 35 MB of data from the Webcam if you use it.
- It hastens which sort of hardware you’re using.
- MS telemetry tool gathers the apparatus driver details.
- Because this tool should send this data to MS development group, it stores it in your computer. That is why a lot of users are worried about Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry high disk usage problem.
WHY WINDOWS 10 INCLUDES MICROSOFT COMPATIBILITY TELEMETRY
Below are a few reasons why Microsoft has deployed this instrument in Windows 10.
- The data Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry gathers is used for bettering your system safety.
- Additionally, it enhances system performance and makes it safer from virus attacks.
- Upgrade windows operating system based on what the user needs.
FIX MICROSOFT COMPATIBILITY TELEMETRY HIGH DISK USAGE ISSUE — EASY STEPS TO FOLLOW
Considering that Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry tool gathers several kinds of data, it could absorb a good deal of disk space. You may want to eliminate it to save your precious storage space.
Some users are distressed to eliminate it since they’re worried about their privacy.
No matter the motive, you can get rid of this instrument using some basic steps. To begin, simply adhere to one or more one of these methods.
METHOD 1: DISABLE MICROSOFT COMPATIBILITY TELEMETRY USING CMD
Follow these simple steps to mend Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry high disk usage problem with command prompt (CMD) in Windows 10.
- Locate the Windows logo and letter”R” in your Keyboard/keypad.
- Hold on to both key collectively in a time to open the’run’ dialog box.
- After’run’ box pops-up in your display, type”cmd” in the blank area. Do not hit Enter yet.
We want to start CMD as an administrator. To do so, you want to press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER, all at one time.
Now simply copy and paste the following command on your own cmd admin display and hit enter after each command.
METHOD 2: DISABLE MICROSOFT COMPATIBILITY TELEMETRY BY DELETING ‘COMPATTELLRUNNER.EXE’ WITH OWNER RIGHTS
To do so, you need to go through the next steps.
1. Log into your computer as secretary. To do so, you merely have to register by a user account with administrative privileges.
2. When you find the desktop computer, press Windows Key + R to start Run dialog box.
3. Form C: Windows\System32 and hit Enter. Rather than pressing Enter on the computer keyboard, you may just click OK with your mouse.
A directory window will appear. Here all of your system files for Windows OS are found. Locate the file called’CompatTelRunner’.
Now as in the image below, right click CompatTelRunner file and choose properties.
After the Properties dialog box opens, just click on the Security tab in the top. Once within the Security tab, then find Advanced settings in the base. Click it.
7. A new window will appear. Find the Owner tab on top inside this window.
8. Now find Edit in the base after clicking on the Owner tab. Click Edit.
After you find the Edit window, choose Administrators, and click Apply. Save your changes by clicking, OK.
10. Here, you may notice a prompt asking you to shut all of the Properties windows. Click OK. You’ve taken the possession of the file.
11. Before you can delete this file, you also have to modify permission to the file. To do so, just directly on Capattelrunner.exe in System32 folder that you just opened at step 4.
12. Click Properties and go to Advanced tab as you stated earlier. Select the Permissions tab and select your administrator accounts within another window.
13. Now click the Permit column next to Full Control. It ought to provide you all permissions associated with the particular file. That is what we want to delete this file.
14. Now return to the System32 folder and just delete the CompatTelRunner.exe file to turn off compatibility telemetry.
15. Ultimately, right-click on the Recycle bin and then choose Empty the Recycle Bin.
That is it. Now you have deleted the CompatTelRunner.exe file. The issue that you were confronted with Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry high disk usage ought to be solved.
In case you can not stick to this procedure for some reason, leap into another approach to solve Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry high disk usage problem.